I’m used to complaining about the world media’s emphasis on the Rio-Amazon axis in Brazil, overlooking Bahia entirely. These days, more and more features are focussing on Salvador as a “soccer city”. The latest was on BBC World News, about Football Beyond Borders, a lovely project organised by Brits to make the World Cup generate income for underprivileged neighbourhoods.
- A “Brazilian” in Blighty
- ‘Freeing’ a modern-day slave (part two)
- Short stories in Portuguese
- Looking back on 2015: A disturbing trend in Brazil
- 2015 in review
- Coup-driven change?
- Divorce, Brazilian Style
- ‘Freeing’ a modern-day slave (part one)
- Playing by the rules and rueing it
- Esu/Eshu/Exu is NOT the Devil